Saturday, August 24, 2013

The Panaderia

Every morning, Mom and I go on a morning walk up this street by El Bichito. I usually beat her to our destination, though, which is...
The Panaderia!! (That means the bakery, literaly the breadery.)

This is a view that you can see from the path that we walk up every morning for the bread. It's beautiful.









This is the panaderia window that we get the bread through. Did I tell you yet? Most things here are really cheeeep!









                                                                                Below you see the picture of me walking in the plaza. This picture looks like a picture from a sad story right? But the plaza  is really the opposite of that. I'ts beautiful and nice, even though it's small. Big things in little packages, right?
This is a dog, one of the dogs all over Peru. It wants my food. No, I paid for that! Do you know English, dog?
On our way down, we see the Puyllucana School. Kids are always waiting to get in, becouse school hasn't started yet.
Now for Animal Time! These are some animals we usually see on our walk. Look at the dog. There are so many dogs here! And a few gatos (cats). Can you spot it?
I'm a chicken! We always see this big fat chicken on our way up. And guess what? It posed for the picture!
More chickens! Can you count them? Did you find all four of them?
How many animals are there in this picture? Ready for the answers yet? There is one dog, one pig, one duck, and two chickens. There are chickens all over, too!
Underneath this text you see the tienda (shop) across the street we go to after our walk every day to get yogurt.. They have lots of stuff, including treats. I have veinte soles (sol-ayes). Each yogurt is 5 soles. How many containers of yogurt can I get? You're right! Four containers of yogurt! 
These are the different kinds of bread we get for our breakfast at the panaderia. The bigger kind is pan de agua, (bread of water), and the smaller kind is pan de torta (bread of cake). I have no idea why they call it that, but breakfast is always good with white bread and yogurt!

2 comments:

  1. Sierra! I love reading everything you are writing! It is soooo fun to see the fotos (photos) y los videos! Do you understand my Spanish? :-)

    I read about your house, the fireworks, and your walk to the panaderia. There were a LOT of panaderias in Chile, where I served my mission. They didn't have the same kind of bread as in your fotos, but there were different kinds of bread that I really liked.

    There were a lot of dogs in Chile too. Usually they ignored people, as long as we ignored them. Once a big dog protected me from a little dog that was trying to attack me. The big dog knew us, and boy were we glad!

    I think it is soooo cool that Kai gets to swim where Incan kings bathed. How awesome is that?! When I was in Israel I swam where Jesus walked...in the Sea of Galilea. I tried walking on the water but didn't get as far as Peter of old did. You and I may not walk on water, but Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ and the Holy Ghost do work miracles through us as we try to keep the commandments and help other people.

    The first 2 months I was in Chile I did not understand very much Spanish and it seemed like people were talking too fast. But I listened to them, and studied the 500 words people use the most, and after 2-3 months I started to understand people a lot.

    Do you have Peruvian kids who you play with? What words do they use a lot?

    Uncle Peter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do understand your Spanish! You should speak more Spanish in your comments. I love this bread - but mostly because the bread from the Panaderia is always white bread - blanco pan. There are two things that I would like to do to learn Spanish. I need to know their grammar, and I'd like to know the 500 words most used by Peruvians. How did you study that?

      I do have lots of Peruviano friends. I have Valentina, Milagros, Luz Elena, and a few more. Milagros means Miracles, and I think that Milagros is really a miracle. She was the first friend I got, and now she is my mejor amiga. Since she knows that I don't speak much Spanish, she only uses easy words and body language. One word that I don't know she always says when she leaves El Bichito, but I can't remember what it was.

      Sierra

      Delete