Monday, August 5, 2013

Typhoid

I do not like taking typhoid. My dad says that it has no taste, but it really tastes like foam. And foam does not taste good. At all. But, if I take it, I won't get typhoid, a deadly disease that you can get in many countries, including Peru. I think taking the pill is better than getting typhoid. You have to swallow the pills. My little sister, who is 5, has to take the pills, too. She could've taken a shot, but we couldn't find somewhere that could do the injection. So, she learned how to swallow the pills!!!! 
On the last day of taking typhoid, my sister just didn't want to swallow it, so my dad had to force it down. When he made her drink the water while she was crying, it made a gurgling sound. It was funny. We have to take the pills with water.  We have to take 4 doses: one each day, every other day. After we take the pills, we can't eat for a whole hour. We take the pill immediately after we get up. Then we  go back to bed, or read, or get something done for an hour, and then we eat an always delicious breakfast.
If we have the pill after breakfast, then we have to wait for two hours, take the pill, and wait an hour.


We practiced swallowing typhoid pills using tic-tacs. i had swallowed tic-tacs accidentally many times before, so I easily picked up the habit of swallowing tic-tacs. Now, I've been actually swallowing the typhoid pill instead of tic-tacs, but I still have the habit of swallowing tic-tacs, and so now I always accidentally swallow my tic-tacs instead of sucking them and savouring them. But, I still don't like taking typhoid, even if i like to swallow tic-tacs! 

No comments:

Post a Comment