Sunday, September 8, 2013

Walk around!

Every once and a while, my family goes on a walk. This is the story of one of my walks. First, there was a dog with blood red eyes, that was laying in the middle of the path. It was sick, and it was twitching, but it was scary.

This is a ruin we found on our way up. It's cool. 1/3 of our walls around here are like this. I wonder if this was actually a house before, or just a wall in the middle of the wilderness. Why is that there?

Below is a picture of the view. You can see El Bichito from up there, and you can see the railing from El Bichito! Oh, pretty.
Next: the path! On the way back, we took a different "trail" that wasn't really a trail, and it came out to a little path like this. I think this picture is pretty, don't you?

Next: the view! Again. It was pretty, we couldn't resist! The rural view of patchwork fields always makes a good picture. On a sunny day, with a hill, also covered in patchwork...who could get a better picture than that?


I was doing a school assignment, and we had to list the characteristics of 10 organisms in our area. I listed them on this walk. Here are some: tadpoles, cats, dogs, donkeys, cows, pigs, birds, sheep, chickens, and ducks. I got more than ten, though. I probably got the most variety. 

6 comments:

  1. I love your pictures and entries Sierra. Thanks for keeping me updated on your adventures in Peru.
    Sister Bullock

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome. How often are you checking my blog? Once a week? I post every week. How did you hear about my blog?

      Delete
  2. Sierra,

    Those pictures are amazing. I love that you get to take walks and that is what you get to see. Being out in nature and exploring where you are living are some of the best ways to connect with a culture. I went for walks everywhere I lived in Europe and that is where I saw some of my favorite things! The ruins were what I loved the most. Being a history major in college (and just loving history) ruins can teach us so much, but they also leave us with a lot of questions, just like you had. What was it built for? Who lived there? It makes my mind race just thinking about how many people lived there before you walked through it.

    The activity you had for school with the organisms is what we are going to start learning in science this week! You should send me some of what you learned and I will pass it along to the class so they can use it as a reference during the unit. Mrs. Maybee is teaching the science lessons, so I will make sure to tell her you are already becoming an expert in a real habitat. What was your favorite organism that you saw?

    Another great post, it is so much fun to see what an amazing time you are having! I promise to get your classmates blogging soon. I attached your blog on my website so hopefully we will get them to it easily from there.

    Keep it coming, you are amazing!

    Sincerely,

    Miss Wyman

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Sierra, I loved your blog! It was full of details. I wish I could come see you. From your posts it looks truly amazing! By the way this is Morgan remember me from your math class last year? I loved all of your pictures of your house it must be a lot different there than it is here. I wonder what life would be like there you’ll have to fill me in when you get back!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I do remember you. You seem young to be a 4th grader already. Did you skip a grade like me? Your smart enough to. So many things are happening, I'm almost broke, and I can only post twice a week, at most! Too overwhelming!

      Delete
  4. What fabulous writing in this post! I really enjoyed reading it! So many details and a good flow. Thanks for sharing your adventures with us! We miss you and are excited to have you back!

    ReplyDelete