Sunday, August 11, 2013

Lima: Day 2


Here I am at Huaca Pucllana. The people even before the Incas built this pyramid. It must've been hard to build. It is a high pyramid. If you look closely, you can see the millions of bricks that went into this pyramid. The extra spaces are for earthquakes. If we have those spaces, the pyramid won't fall down during earthquakes. 



How these people built these pyramids, I don't know. It must've taken a long time. And they used so much mud for the bricks. But they did it. Very amazingly, they built them.


Can you see the difference between some of the bricks? Some are restored, the better ones. The other ones are hand made by the people before the Incas. A lot of difference between the two.


These bricks are surely amazing. From the railing, as you can see, it kind of looks like a giant honeycomb. It is very cool to see what people millions of years before our time could do.

This is me with the "Most Important Person", as the guide said. I'm copying him. Ha ha. He is holding that stone to break the pottery the other people are making. Not for fun, but for a sacrifice to dedicate the new room they built or remodeled. Interesting, right?





Isn't the sea beautiful? This is the Pacific Ocean off of the Lima coast. What an experience for Coloradans like my family! There were people surfing even though it was seven o'clock!  I have to say, Peruvians are much different than Americans.



This is the most interesting wall by the sea. it is very long, and it has love words all over it (in Spanish). But it is fun to climb on the edge of the top of the wall. Two lovebirds...




TSUNAMI!!!! I will survive! (kind of... I'd be better off with going on the actual evacuation route... and that is what it says on the sign by the way.) If you go to my brother Talon's blog, you will see that he has this picture on his blog, too. Hang on for dear life!!

6 comments:

  1. Mahvelous! Simply Mahvelous!

    Grandmother will love your blog Sierra.

    Grandpa S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What movie is that from? Show Grandma my blog.Sierra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sierra! I love that you and Talon have the EXACT same picture in the EXACT same spot. How fun to be in the same country as your oldest brother! I love your blog. Warren, Camille, and I will keep looking at it to see when you post next. You're a great writer, and I can't wait to hear all about you and your family's adventures in Peru! Hope the smells get better. Love, Stephanie Dix and kids

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very exiting. Except we don't get to visit him. It's cheaper to drop off packages, though. The smells have gotten better, I'm used to them. I keep trying to finish this extra long post, so keep looking!

      Delete
  4. Hi I am Reid and I am about to explain what I saw on the train going to the Lebanon Mine, I saw many cool things.First I saw an antelope running up a hillside, It was probably trying to get some food.Then I saw a bear of some sort,it was hiding by a tree,probably trying to hide from predators.After a while we came to the Lebanon mine and got of the train, the Lebanon mine was an adventure of its own but that is another small moment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool! I'd like to hear more! Start your own blog! I am seeing lots of cool things too, and I miss the field trip. At least I'm going to take it with only my family when I get back.

      Delete