Thursday, October 31, 2013

Halloween!!!!!!

If you go to Google today, you will see a witch looking at a book. If you play the game, you will notice that she is putting skulls, bones, and other interesting things into a cauldron and mixing it. What's up with Google?

Have you noticed yet? It's...

 Halloween!!


Some people on my online school have been asking me constantly what I'm going to be for Halloween. Here it is to all of you.

This is something my mom wanted my whole post to be:
For Halloween, I'm going to be an American girl in Peru.

Now you know what's up with Google, but what's up with me?

In Peru, all I've seen for Halloween is a few teenagers in the mall in Cajamarca passing out flyers for a haunted house. And a they have a party there. In more Americanized places, a few people celebrate Halloween, but not here in our little town. So for me there's no dressing up or getting candy, so can you save me some?

Peruvians make a bigger deal about the day after Halloween. It's called All Saints Day in English, Fiesta de Todos los Santos (Fi-es-tuh they to-dos los san-tos) in Spanish. Our church is getting together and having a party tomorrow.

Now back to what I'm dressing up for.
I repeat, here they don't dress up, but if I could dress up, (or in other words, next year,) this is what I will be.

Fablehaven

Have you ever read Fablehaven? Read it, it's a great series. Anyway, I'm going to be either a monster from Fablehaven, but if that costume is too complicated, then I'll just be a normal character from that awesome series. Like Kendra, the 14-year-old-girl-who-gets-really-annoyed-with-her-brother-named-Seth-who-is-8-and-I'm-going-to-pretend-Renen's-Seth. I'll be only ten, though. I'll just be wearing normal clothes.

And I'm missing that candy, don't eat mine! (In other words, save some candy for me.)

2 comments:

  1. Sierra,

    I LOVE Fablehaven. I read it with a bunch of my students last year and loved it. I just finished the 5th one at the beginning of the summer. I think you would make a great Kendra next year or maybe the little dragon who helps them out in a big way in the last two books (I'm blanking on his name). I can't wait to talk about it with you when you get back to Franklin. You have to get some more of my students to read it as well. Don't worry there is plenty of candy leftover for you :)

    Miss Wyman

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good. I want candy. I love Fablehaven too! On my list of favorite books, Fablehaven is number one! Afterwards, Seekers. Then Percy Jackson. Actually, they are all my favorite! I LOVE BOOKS! I WANT CANDY!

      Delete