Saturday, September 28, 2013

Banos Fiesta!



In Banos, they had (and still have) a party. There was a ferris wheel, some carousels, rides, and trampolines. These are the rides.










One of the activities that we did was a jungle gym/obstacle course thing. I did it with my little sister, Lily.
 The playspace had slides,
a ball pit, and more. It was really fun.
 We went on the ferris wheel, or what they call a "wheel of Chicago". It was so cool! It was so high. There was loud music playing from speakers by the wheel. When we went by the speakers, it was super loud! It was cool to see all the mechanism. The view was super cool! Here are some of the pictures we took.
Smiling at the ride 
The amazing view
See all the rides? There were even horses, from what I could see on the wheel.


There was sugar cane all over. There were alleys of shops and shops of sugar cane...
 and sugar cane juice. We bought some sugar cane to try.
Here's a funny face on a trash can. No, it's actually a cane juicer, but it does look like a face. One black eye, bug antennae,  and a big round nose.
Remember the cane that we got? Not that good.
 
 Besides the sugarcane, we also got treats during the party. Left to right: Lily, with a candy apple in front of her face, me, who wants to start eating this delicious chocolate-covered weird new treat right now, Dad,  you can see his treat beside my head, which were marshmallows covered in chocolate and sprinkles, and last but not least, Renen, who is deciding if this candy-coated apple is really okay to eat, or if it is a copy of Snow White's apple, covered in red poison and sprinkles. Well, it looks good.

5 comments:

  1. Kai liked the sugar cane. It was dripping with juice and tasted like...sugar. Though the fibers made it less appealing than most treats we are used to. At the booths they'll shave off the end for you so you can walk around ripping the fibers out with your teeth and chewing on them and then spitting them out. Families were carrying armloads of them. Each cane cost a sol, same price as the candy apple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are having so much fun! hopefully Renen didn't get poisoned! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He didn't get poisoned... I just put in there because of his expression. I purposely picked the picture that everyone was really funny.

      Delete
  3. Sierra,

    You may not know this about me yet, but I LOVE COLOR! This looks like something right up my alley :) I love how much fun you are having. Now that it is fall, I might have to make some candy apples too, you inspired me!

    I got your message about RAZ Kids and intermediate doesn't have a login for RAZ Kids :( I am so sorry about that. You can play on it with your sister, but we don't have that one for you. I do have your IXL Math Game Account so let me know if you are interested in that. It has fun math games you can practice! The website is ixl.com, try it out and see what you think!

    I hope all is well and I hope you got some of the comments from your classmates. They are so excited to be able to do this with you!

    Miss Wyman

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's okay, but I still love RAZ kids... I found a website that has millions of games that can help you with logic and math and all these other subjects at hoodamath.com, which I spend most of my time on. I'll try out IXL. I also figured out that we DO HAVE A DREAMBOX ACCOUNT!

      Sierra

      Delete