Sunday, August 27, 2017

Walking

We've done a lot of walking, more than anything else.
My uncle that lives in China, Josh Steimle, is a trail runner. He writes articles in magazines about running. We walked a trail that he climbs weekly. My seven year old cousin, James, told us that there were about 1,700 stairs on this hike. I tried to go ahead because it's fun, but I'm not as fast as James and my brothers. Kai, Renen, and James would go quickly and get far ahead, then wait twenty minutes until Mom, Lily, Magdalena, and Josh caught up. For most of the day, I ended up somewhere in between with butterflies as my companions.

This butterfly is bigger than my hand. I saw
 it somewhere else,but it fits best here.

When we reached the top, Mom bought us each a popsicle. You don't know what flavor you're going to get, there are only pictures and Chinese characters to guess off of. Most of us got a possibly lemon flavored popsicle, but Kai and Renen got a candy bar inside of vanilla ice cream inside of chocolate.
On the way down, I decided to take more breaks. When I stood still, everything below my knees would shake rapidly. I sat down, waiting for the slower group to catch up. After ten minutes, I texted Mom: 'What if I get lost?' They then showed up above me. We finished the hike together.


I take panoramics on my phone, and it makes straight railings look very curved.






I was tired. I was waiting. So what did I do? Sit on a turtle.
The walk increased my stamina, gave me some good pictures, was hot, and was fun.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sierra! Your mom reminded us about your blog. Love it! You are getting some great hiking and pictures. We pray for your safety and educational growth. Does that make sense? Love, G&G

    ReplyDelete